Proudly headquartered in Pittsburgh – IBR is a national retained executive search firm able to satisfy its client’s middle to senior executive talent needs across a diverse and evolving spectrum of a company’s hiring needs. We employ an exclusive, custom-to-client recruiting process guided by consistent daily execution of a search plan in order to obtain an end result of a successful hire. Recognized from coast-to-coast, our leadership has over 20-years of experience and is known for developing internal staff to their best and highest level of personal achievement. Benefits include Competitive Salary, Incentives, Plus Commission, 401(k), Health Insurance including family coverage, and generous Vacation Package.
The role of the Account Executive requires a motivated individual who can recognize and create opportunities/leads for potential new business. This individual will be responsible for reaching personal Account Executive goals and will be working closely with the Business Development Directors. The successful candidate should be sales oriented and feel comfortable making outbound cold calls. The ultimate goal for everyone at IBR is to always exceed clients’ expectations and to add value to their business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generate BD leads for company from;
- Previously identified/called-upon prospects
- Current and former clients
- Raw development of (pre-prescribed) industries to find prospective new companies and over time (months, years) generate BD leads from the following industries (in this order); industrial real estate, seniors housing, regionally-geographic selected markets, conventional multifamily, student housing, affordable housing, hotels
- Assist with the transition and on-board from a new client to authoring (with the assigned client rep) first Job Order
- Big picture client (new, former, current) relations to “maintain the brand” including mailers, promotions, whitepapers
- Acting as the inbound POC on all marketing campaigns
- Make cold and warm calls (and emails as a follow-up method) to solicit potential clients for new business
- Update and maintain Salesforce database (duplicates, data dumps, email repairs)
- Monitor and update annual event/travel BD calendar
- Act as “dialer/appointment setter” for event and spec trip travel (as well as participate in travel when personal meetings set justify the travel)
- Act as the POC for all outbound/inbound email campaigns relating to event and spec trip travel
- Manage, clean/collate all databases for email blasts for event and spec trip travel
- Act as the weekly POC meeting leader for the “team BD leads meeting”
- Manage outbound “news feed” to the prospective client base at large through; “Smart BD” (drip campaign), leads tickler (based on weekly team leads generated), placing regular (weekly) Social Media posts
- Meet Industry Goals/KPIs
- Liberal Work Hours and office/remote based on Meeting/Exceeding Objectives
- Ability to create relationships with prospects
Experience & Requirements:
- 8-15 years of total career experience with at least the past five in a “business development” or sales (B2B only) function for a company delivering a technical solution (software/SAAS, integrated business technology platform; HRIS, ERP, Payroll, etc) or a professional services firm (engineers, architects)
- Involved in the total BD life cycle; relationship cultivation (including cold calling, database mining and raw web-based industry/lead research) through on-going needs discovery/analysis and sales cycle through final close. Candidate will successfully demonstrate building supporting (non-decision maker) relationships within each respective sales prospect company and also participating (if not leading) in the close with the actual/final decision maker (i.e. – a candidate exclusively selling through a purchasing manager and not having departmental/end-user interface and needs analysis shall not be considered)
- Ideal candidate will demonstrate working within a competitive sales environment where sales cycle is multiple months, if not year(s) in length.
- Candidate should have a combination of inside and outside sales experience (ideally, with the same firm during the each/same sales cycle)
- Ideal (but not a must), candidate will have experience selling in multiple geographic territories either simultaneously or at various prior points in their career.
- The candidate need not have any staff management experience, nor will they have that responsibility with IBR